Associate Social Producer, Doha Debates
A live Doha Debates event
DOHA DEBATES BUSINESS UNIT: Digital
JOB TYPE: Non-exempt
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
JOB TITLE: Associate Social Producer
Qatar Foundation International (QFI) engages a global community of diverse learners and educators, fostering global competency and 21st century skills through the exploration of the Arabic language and the Arab world’s societies and cultures.
QFI focuses on student-centered learning environments that foster a deeper understanding of the Arab world through the teaching of Arabic, and about the region’s societies and cultures. QFI partners with primary and secondary schools, universities, multilateral entities, and other philanthropic organizations to ensure that their programs advance students’ acquisition of global competency and 21st century skills.
QFI is supporting the relaunch of Doha Debates. Doha Debates provides compelling and engaging content and forums for discussing the most important issues facing people today. Originally branded “The Doha Debates,” a BBC program hosted by Tim Sebastian from 2005 to 2012, the new Doha Debates builds on this successful legacy with a relaunch of the franchise through a suite of products to engage younger global audiences including live debate events, social and digital content, podcasts and a television series. With a focus on the educational community, Doha Debates seeks to engage student populations in the debate content.
The person in this role will work closely with the Executive Producer of Digital and the Social Producer to publish and amplify content as well as make sure that people are having healthy and productive conversations around important issues. You will also work closely with producers and editors to inform the development of impactful videos, articles, podcasts, new series and formats. This is an active, not a passive role, and it’s for someone who truly believes that a social/audience person is at the heart of any successful digital team.
You will work closely across teams at Doha Debates including with the podcasting team, the series development team and the live debate team.
Position functions and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential duty and responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Help shape content from pitch to publication.
- Support the team with social/audience ideas to optimize content for various platforms.
- Stay on top of industry trends and continue to push the team to experiment and grow.
- Collaborate with the team to help create engaging and impactful social packaging for videos and other multimedia content.
- Create regular audience reports using data from platform specific analytics dashboards to help inform the team about what’s working and what needs improvement.
- Work closely with senior leadership across departments at Doha Debates.
- Work with the Social Producer to create efficient publishing workflows so that team members are thinking about social packaging when pitching and creating content.
- Work closely with the Senior Editor to make sure social publishing and voice is aligned with the website.
- Constantly be engaging with influencers and building relationships to help amplify content created by the team.
- Work with leadership across Doha Debates and the Qatar Foundation to leverage relationships to increase synergy and engagement around stories and events.
- Help shape and foster conversations with our audience around impactful and interesting topics.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent and succinct writing skills
- Ability to distill complicated topics into engaging social copy
- Demonstrated ability to grow audience with video storytelling
- Strong command of AP style
- Detail oriented
- Fluent in all social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and Twitch
- Ability to use analytics tools and distill audience data to create regular reports that help the team leadership adjust strategy
- You have a deep respect for our audience and the desire to engage them in impactful and important conversations
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond to help create impactful videos and social content
- Ability to communicate with others, moderate discussions, and resolve conflicts
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in digital (video preferred)
- Willingness and ability to work East Coast hours
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.
Doha Debates is an EEO employer.
Apply: Please send your CV, resume, links to relevant work, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org